ABOUT CARTY ARCHITECTURE
Carty Architecture is an international Architecture, Planning and Interior Design Firm based in Coral Gables Florida. Carty Architecture specializes in the following project types: airports, recreational and athletic facilities, schools, universities, municipal buildings, offices, parks, tenant improvements, restaurants.
For additional information please visit our website at www.cartyarchitecture.com.
Carty Architecture is looking for graduate architects interested in becoming a full-time member of our Team; working collaboratively, in a creative, comfortable atmosphere.
PROJECT ARCHITECT/ DESIGNER responsible for assisting with the development of production drawings and specifications from schematic through construction document phases.
- Experience working with a team of architects and coordinating with consultant engineers to produce construction documents for medium to large scale projects. Must be able to communicate with clients, engineers, and contractors.
- Provides support to office team and management staff.
- Professional Architectural degree
- 3 – 7 Years of Experience
- Knowledge of FL or International Building Codes
- Knowledge of construction drawing standards
- Experience in adaptive reuse, building renovation, and expansion as well as new construction.
- REVIT and AutoCAD required, strong design, computer, technical and graphic skills.
- Excellent communication, attention to detail and highly organized.
- Salary commensurate with experience and abilities, with yearly adjustments.
- Annual bonus based upon performance.
- Fully paid Health Care for employee.
- 3 weeks of paid time off, 7 paid public holidays. Paid week between Christmas and New Year during office closure.
CONTACT: Judy Carty – [email protected] 305-790-7877
Overview: Bakehouse Art Complex is a vibrant Miami institution dedicated to supporting artists and unleashing creative potential. We are on a transformative path to expand our campus, including the renovation of our current space and a future campus expansion with newly designed studios, new community spaces, and mixed-income housing for artists and creative professionals. To learn more about our future vision, please read our Next Generation Strategic plan for 2024-2029, which reflects our commitment to becoming a cultural beacon for the city and beyond.
Job Summary: We are seeking an experienced Project and Facilities Operations Manager to coordinate the comprehensive renovation and redevelopment of our nearly 100 year old 35,000 square foot building and 2.3 acre site and help oversee day to day building operations to ensure and mitigate for ongoing operations. The successful candidate will oversee the transformation of this historic space into a state-of-the-art facility for artists’ studios and fabrication facilities, ensuring the project aligns with our strategic goals and cultural mission.He/she will also work with the Executive Director and Board on the anticipated redevelopment plans of the site. This position will also oversee day to day building security, operations, and systems, but with the support of a full time Facility Manager. The position reports to the Executive Director but can draw on the expertise of the institution’s Board of Directors.
- Develop and oversee facility master plans, including hiring consultants as needed.
- Evaluate and contract professional services to assess facility needs and develop project scopes, potentially for multi-year phased projects.
- Select and manage steering committees, ensuring the needs of the Bakehouse Art Complex, artists, and community are met.
- Work with the Executive Director and Development team to identify and secure funding sources, including bonds and grants.
- Determine and implement appropriate project delivery methods (Design/Bid/Build, Design Build, CM/GC, etc.).
- Manage RFQ and RFP processes for selecting consultants and contractors.
- Oversee collection of information required for financing.
- Review and enforce contracts, manage change orders, and ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure contractors and subcontractors are properly insured and bonded.
- Review plans and specifications for suitability, safety, compliance, and budget considerations.
- Manage submittal and RFI processes, ensuring thorough and efficient responses.
- Implement high-performance design requirements, including energy-efficient options.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders, including architects, contractors, and community members.
- Manage budget, funding, inspections and vendor relationships for redevelopment and day-to-day facility maintenance
- Oversee facilities manager and coordinate all aspects of facilities management for both renovation and redevelopment, ensuring functional operations and minimal disruption to artists and programming.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local requirements.
- Conduct on-site inspections and attend construction meetings.
- Assist in dispute resolution and review progress billings.
- Provide post-occupancy assistance, including warranty issues and performance tracking.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, Architecture, Engineering, or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role
- Familiarity with Miami’s building codes and regulations
- Strong leadership, communication, and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in project management software and tools
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and compliances
- Fluency in Spanish strongly desired
- Ability to work flexible hours, as needed
- Salary range: $85,000-95,000 with health benefits, salary commensurate with background and experience
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter summarizing their interest in the position and relevant work experience, a resume with minimum 3 references and list of relevant certificates and/or degrees, and any other supportive documents to: Cathy Leff, Executive Director, [email protected]
About EoA Group
At EoA Group, we’re not just another architecture and interior design firm. We’re a powerhouse of creativity, with an impressive lineup of amazing hospitality projects and a multitude of prestigious awards. Our designs are recognized for their innovation and excellence, delivering awe-inspiring spaces that captivate and impress. Join us and be part of our award-winning team!
Join our Kick*ss Team at EoA Group: Where Award-Winning Designs Meet Passion and Innovation!
Are you a talented Senior Architectural Designer looking to make your mark in the world of hospitality and commercial spaces? Look no further! EoA Group, the industry-renowned architecture and interior design firm with a string of prestigious awards, is seeking an exceptional individual like you to join our dynamic team.
As a Senior Design Architect, you’ll have a pivotal role in shaping the future of our company by bringing your expertise to high-profile projects that push boundaries and inspire. Collaboration will be at the heart of your work as you closely collaborate with clients and colleagues, infusing each project with your creative flair.
From concept to completion, you’ll lead the charge in the design process, using your exceptional architectural skills to create spaces that are not only innovative but also functional. Working closely with project managers, engineers, and fellow designers, you’ll ensure that our designs exceed the highest standards of quality and client satisfaction.
We’re not just about the present, though; we’re all about growth and development. At EoA Group, we offer ample opportunities for you to expand your skillset and take on exciting challenges. As a Senior Design Architect, you’ll also have the opportunity to mentor and guide junior designers, fostering a collaborative and supportive environment that propels everyone forward.
What sets this role apart is our unapologetic emphasis on kickass projects in the hospitality and commercial spaces industry. By specializing in this niche, you’ll bring your unique perspective to each project, leaving an indelible mark on the spaces you help create.
Ready to join a team that strives for excellence in design and isn’t afraid to rock the industry? Look no further than EoA Group. Apply today and embark on an exhilarating journey of innovation, creativity, and award-winning success!
- You will be responsible for designing and developing architectural concepts and plans for hospitality and commercial spaces.
- You shall collaborate with clients to understand their needs, preferences, and constraints, and translate them into innovative design solutions.
- We expect you to create detailed 2D and 3D design drawings, renderings, and visualizations using advanced software tools.
- You will coordinate with project teams, including architects, interior designers, engineers, and consultants, to ensure seamless execution of design projects.
- You shall conduct site visits and inspections to assess existing conditions and gather relevant information for design development.
- We expect you to research and stay updated on the latest trends and advancements in architecture and incorporate them into your designs.
- You will participate in client meetings and presentations to discuss design proposals, provide expert advice, and address any concerns or modifications.
- You shall oversee the production of construction documents, specifications, and schedules, ensuring adherence to building codes and regulations.
- 7-10 years of Experience
- You should have an enthusiastic and tenacious personality.
- You should have a strong understanding of architectural design principles and be able to translate conceptual designs into detailed plans.
- You must have extensive experience using AutoCAD, Revit, and other industry-standard design software.
- You need to possess excellent technical skills, including proficiency in building codes, construction techniques, and materials.
- You should be highly skilled in creating comprehensive architectural drawings, including floor plans, elevations, sections, and details.
- You must demonstrate exceptional creativity and innovation in developing unique design concepts that align with client goals and project requirements.
- You should be adept at collaborating with multidisciplinary teams, such as engineers and contractors, to ensure effective coordination and integration of design elements.
- You need to have a deep knowledge of current trends and best practices in hospitality and commercial design, and the ability to incorporate them into your work.
- You must have excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and visual, in order to effectively communicate design concepts and ideas to clients and stakeholders.
- Project Management
- Creative Problem Solving
- Client Communication
- Strong Construction Documentation
- Spatial Awareness
- Collaborative Mindset
- Knowledge of Building Codes
- Revit – preferred, not required
About EoA Group
At EoA Group, we’re not just another architecture and interior design firm. We’re a powerhouse of creativity, with an impressive lineup of amazing projects and a multitude of prestigious awards. Our designs are recognized for their innovation and excellence, delivering awe-inspiring spaces that captivate and impress. Join us and be part of our award-winning team!
Join our team at EoA Group, where we’re all about creating kickass projects and making waves in the industry! We’re an award-winning architecture and interior design firm that specializes in crafting innovative and captivating hospitality spaces.
As a talented Intermediate Architectural Designer, you’ll be a crucial member of our team, bringing your creativity and expertise to the table. Together with our diverse team of architects and interior designers, you’ll collaborate to turn your ideas into reality through sketches, 3D models, and technical drawings.
With a wide range of projects, including hotels, restaurants, and public spaces, you’ll have ample opportunities to grow and develop your skills. You’ll conduct research, create concept designs, produce detailed construction documents, and coordinate with clients and contractors. Your keen eye for detail and problem-solving abilities will ensure that projects are executed efficiently and meet all necessary regulations and codes.
But what really makes this role special is our dedication to helping you thrive professionally. At EoA Group, we provide ongoing training and mentorship opportunities, giving you the chance to expand your skill set and take your career to new heights. Join our dynamic team and be part of creating awe-inspiring spaces that leave a lasting impression.
- You shall collaborate with the project team to develop and execute architectural design concepts for hospitality and commercial spaces.
- We expect you to conduct research on materials, building codes, and regulations to ensure compliance and inform design decisions.
- You will prepare detailed drawings, blueprints, and specifications using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- You shall assist in developing presentations and visualizations to effectively communicate design ideas to clients and stakeholders.
- We expect you to participate in site visits and meetings to evaluate existing conditions and coordinate with construction teams.
- You will contribute to the development of sustainable design strategies by integrating green building practices into projects.
- We expect you to stay up-to-date with industry trends and advancements in architecture and interior design.
- You shall maintain effective communication and collaboration with internal teams and external consultants throughout the design process.
- You should have a strong understanding of architectural design principles and be able to apply them effectively in your work.
- You must have experience with design software including AutoCAD, Revit, and SketchUp.
- You should be proficient in creating detailed construction drawings and specifications.
- You must possess excellent problem-solving skills and be able to find creative solutions for design challenges.
- You should have knowledge of building codes and regulations to ensure compliance in your designs.
- You must have the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and communicate your ideas clearly.
- You should be detail-oriented and have a keen eye for aesthetics to create visually appealing designs.
- You must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines without compromising quality.
- Architectural design
- AutoCAD proficiency
- Space planning
- Building codes knowledge
- Material selection
- Construction documents
- 3D modeling
- Rendering software
- Design presentation
- Collaborative mindset
Our client, a world-renowned developer in Miami known for excellence, quality, and unwavering commitment to luxury, is seeking a motivated, independent, and self-sufficient Senior Project Architect with High-rise High-end Residential Hospitality experience to join their development team.
The ideal candidate will take the lead to coordinate each project’s DDs and CDs phases, prepare meetings’ agenda, minutes, and schedule, and work closely with architects, engineers, subcontractors, vendors, etc.
Additionally, they will manage and expedite permitting and approval processes with cities and local, state, and federal agencies.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Research, selection, and management of RFP’s and contractual process of A&E, technical consultants, and vendors;
• Lead the technical design development of multiple projects of varying size and complexity;
• Effectively manage staff, projects, and workflow with In-depth understanding of project design phases, objectives, and deliverables;
• Guide production and quality of design documents, including QA/QC procedures and standards;
• Early technical, design review and constructability analysis of drawings during the Concept and Schematic Design (SD) phases, including architectural, MEP, structural, and other disciplines;
• Provide leadership to team, as well as solving technical issues through experienced guidance/leadership;
• Responsible for quality and completeness of communications with ownership and consultants during all phases of work including construction;
• Lead and manage the DDs and CDs weekly coordination meetings with the projects’ team of technical consultants;
• Establish agendas for design meetings, track action steps and administer follow up;
• Manage consultant compliance with project objectives;
• Monitor the production of technical drawings to ensure all relevant information is included and coordinated;
• Generating value engineering recommendations and alternative technical methods to reduce cost and optimize schedules;
• Review BIM Design Models from consultants and contractors;
• Contribute to the development of office standards specific to the technical processes and project delivery methodologies;
• Takes personal responsibility for the technical performance of all development projects;
• Provide technical assistance attending construction and on-site meetings;
• Management of permitting and approvals processes for temporary structures and permanent buildings, including zoning, building, coastal, environmental, traffic etc.;
• Manage the research process of sustainability and wellness oriented certifications;
• Manage the research process for innovative parking solutions (i.e., design and technical methods and systems);
Job Requirements :
• Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in architecture, a construction management, civil engineering, real estate development, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• A minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience in a licensed Architect’s office managing and supervising all technical aspects of high-rise development projects;
• A minimum of ten 10 years of local experience in production and coordination of documents in all phases of architectural practice and in management;
• Significant knowledge of the complex technical challenges of high-rise buildings and local experience developing high-rise buildings from early design thru construction administration;
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, BIM tools (Revit, Assemble, etc.) a plus, project management software (Procore or similar), and scheduling software (Project or similar);
• Knowledgeable in local construction practices including building codes and safety regulations;
• Knowledge of local building systems – structural, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, etc.;
• Experience with BIM and performing clash detection (non-mandatory);
• Experience and local knowledge of best sustainability consulting practices and of green buildings certification processes;
• Experience with local design review processes to avoid and minimize construction related adverse impacts;
• Preferably bilingual (English and Spanish);
• Detail oriented, interactive team player and well-organized professional;
• Strong project management skills, results-driven, adaptable with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines;
• Strong presentation, client engagement, team building, organizational and communication skills are essential;
• Willingness to initiate tasks, lead, and perform duties with little supervision;
• Must be resourceful in finding information and answers from within and outside the organization;
• Highly organized and comfortable working on multiple parallel accelerated tracks;
• Commitment to execute timely delivery;
• Effectively summarize detail and complex information into simple bullet points to allow informed business decision-making;
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of individuals;
• Luxury residential and/or luxury hospitality experience is a must.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented professional to join an experienced development organization with a successful track record in Miami and the South Florida areas.
Apply now at [email protected]
(please submit a resume and samples no larger than 10mb).
For a full listing of available jobs, please visit our website at: www.peloros.io.
No sponsorship provided.
2+Architects, an Architectural and Interior Design firm based in Coral Gables, Florida, with a multidisciplinary practice, is looking for individuals to join our team for hospitality, commercial, retail, residential, and institutional projects.
We are currently recruiting architects, emphasizing professionals with extensive design and production experience to take leadership roles executing significant projects.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 7-10 years related experience in architectural projects.
- Professional bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture or interior design from an accredited School.
- Registration is desirable but not a requirement.
- The candidate must deliver projects from start to finish with minimal oversight.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and must effectively manage project staff and schedules to ensure completion within the allocated time.
- Knowledge of the FBC, IBC, NFPA, and ADA
- Robust design and visualization skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit, completing construction documents, detail-oriented with knowledge of building codes.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, SketchUp, 3DS Max, Rhino, InDesign, and Illustrator Desiree preferred.
- Proficient in detailing, construction document production, systems coordination, and specification experience.
- Ability to collaborate in an open studio environment.
- Excellent written, communication, and organizational skills
- Construction Administration Experience.
- Salary based on qualifications and experience.
- Yearly bonus based on production and performance.
- Holidays and PTO
- Retirement plans are available after six months of employment.
- Excellent written, communication, and organizational skills
- Construction Administration Experience.
Email application to: [email protected]
No phone calls -email only.
PROJECT ARCHITECT: FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA January 2024
GLAVOVIC STUDIO, founded in 1999 by Margi G. Nothard, is a diverse bi-coastal studio dedicated to improving quality of life through resilient and impactful architecture, art, and urban design. With offices in Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles, the studio has designed over 100 projects in the past 25 years, including market rate and affordable multi-family housing, museums, schools, large-scale parks, and commercial and technology centers, urban interventions, and public art commissions. Our contemplative, broad-based work explores complex social, cultural, and environmental conditions within unique urban landscapes. Our projects demonstrate GLAVOVIC STUDIO’S
commitment to sustainable design, from the scale of the object to infrastructure. Present work includes high rise modular and conventional multi-family housing developments, adaptive reuse hotels, commercial buildings, container hospitality, museum design and renovations, large-scale public parks and public art commissions in Florida, Texas, and California. GLAVOVIC STUDIO has won multiple design awards and is published nationally and internationally. Clients include Procida Development, AIDS Healthcare Foundation, The Healthy Housing Foundation, Magic Leap Technology, Ferrado Hotels, Boca Raton Museum of Art and Art School, City
of Miami Beach, City of Hollywood, City of Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Housing Authority of The City of Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, The Girls’ Club, Boca Raton Museum of Art, NSU Museum of Art, Young at Art Museum and Broward County Library among others.
This Project Architect position requires a minimum of 8 years’ post-graduation experience, on mid – large scale architectural projects in the USA and extensive knowledge, experience with BIM 360|Revit and the Florida Building Code.
Project Architect will occupy a pivotal studio role in the studio, executing contract documents for high-profile high rise multifamily projects involved in all phases including managing the design schedule, design team consultants, budget tracking etc. Project Architect will coordinate with the Director of Design, Senior Architect, and Glavovic Studio Project Team.
Qualifications and Skills:
· 8-12 years’ experience practicing architecture with demonstrable experience in complex Construction Document
· Experienced Project Architect
· Highly organized with excellent organizational and communication skills REQUIRED
· Minimum 5 years of experience with BIM modelling/REVIT REQUIRED
· Strong leadership and management skills REQUIRED
· Adobe Suite programs, Bluebeam, Rhino, Sketch up etc. REQUIRED
· Strong design skills REQUIRED
· US Citizen or the ability to work in the United States (green card). REQUIRED
· Experience with Project Management software such as Newforma or Procore PREFERRED
· Master’s degree in architecture PREFERRED
· Florida Architecture license PREFERRED
· USGBC LEED Certification PREFERRED
To apply, please provide the following items:
· A cover letter demonstrating relevant experience, availability, and skills.
· A resume that documents the required qualifications including 8 relevant work samples, with descriptions of applicant’s role and/or
responsibilities for each project.
· PDF submission maximum of 10MB.
· 3 Professional references including email and phone numbers. (Advise if contact may be made at time of application.)
· Please reference “Project Architect: Fort Lauderdale” in the email subject line and send your submission to [email protected] No phone calls please.
· *A qualifications test, prior to an interview, will be required once the applicant has demonstrated the above requirements.