As a Job Captain, you will be supporting the Senior Designer/Architect/Manager in the design and documentation of projects and working with team members on small to large scale residential, mixed use & hospitality projects. You will be mentoring junior staff and engaging in further knowledge transfer of design principles, processes, building codes, and methods of construction.
Potential candidates must have strong technical skills with an eye towards design, strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to support projects working both individually and in teams.
What Will You Do?
• Work independently to contribute to the full range of architectural services on small to medium sized projects or to oversee smaller portions of large projects as part of a design team.
• Lead the refinement, coordination and further develop design concepts as directed by Senior Designer/Architect/Manager
• Contribute to the planning and design concepts for complex projects
• Oversee coordination of design work of junior staff to ensure integration and cohesion within the design team
• Provide oversight and mentorship to junior staff.
• Present design solutions to client representatives and/or design review committees
• Art direct the development of visualizations for presentations
• Lead coordination of drawings with other design disciplines
• Find technical solutions to deliver the design through documentation and detailing while preserving design intent
• Relate building design concepts to building codes, zoning ordinances and other external criteria
• Prepare, develop, edit and coordinate specifications with drawings to meeting project requirements.
• Evaluate, select and/or approve materials and products
• Work seamlessly between 2D and 3D drawing environments to effectively communicate ideas.
• Support senior staff members based on project needs.
• Strong 3D Modeling skills (SketchUp, Rhino, and Revit)
• Proficiency in rendering software (Enscape, Vray, Lumion and 3D Studio Max)
• Proficiency with CAD/BIM documentation software (AutoCAD and Revit)
• Advanced knowledge of BIM or Parametric Design is an asset (Revit, Dynamo and Grasshopper)
• Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Proficiency in Adobe Create Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
• Ability to sketch and develop design ideas graphically (Diagramming by hand or digitally)
• Ability to discuss and communicate ideas with verbal and graphic clarity
• Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
• Fast learner who can adapt to a variety of project requirements
• A professional degree in Architecture (BArch/March)
• 6+ Years of professional experience
• Architectural license (preferred) or is currently eligible to take the Architectural Registration Exam (ARE)
• LEED Accredited Professional a preferred
• Previous work experience in high-end residential, mixed-use and hospitality projects is preferred.
Benefits & Compensation
• SB Architects offers full benefits for its staff, 401k matching, Bi-Annual bonusses and competitive compensation.
• We work on a “9/80” work schedule with every other Friday off
• Opportunities to join weekly Workout & Yoga classes hosted with “SB Fit”
• Social outings including baseball games, picnics and other team building events through out the year
Qualified candidates should e-mail their resume & work samples to: email@example.com , with the subject line: Job Captain / MIA / Your Name.
In five decades of practice, SB Architects has established a world-wide reputation for excellence in the planning and design of large-scale hotel, resort, vacation ownership, multi-family residential and mixed-use projects. Widely recognized for our highly individual approach to design, our firm has received over 200 awards for design excellence.
With a staff of highly trained, immensely talented and deeply passionate individuals in our San Francisco and Miami offices, we successfully merge fifty years of experience with the energy, drive and dedication of a second generation of partners. With the technical capabilities and the understanding to take even the largest projects from initial concept through construction anywhere in the world, we remain a hands-on, design-oriented practice at heart. Integrity in design, connection to the client and balance in our corporate culture are integral to our identity.
Our vast experience with a wide array of project types, geographic locations, construction techniques and architectural styles gives us a high level of expertise, while our collaborative process and individual approach to each project allow us to be flexible and responsive. Site-sensitive design has been a hallmark of our practice.