At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines—from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
As a Gensler Technical Designer (unlicensed architect) in our incredible Miami office, your job is to combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients. With you as part of the design team, architecture has never been so engaging.
What You Will Do
- Lead architectural deliverables on projects, working with Design Director(s) and project team(s) for all project phases, including conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production
- Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, regulatory agencies and other vendors to meet overall project objectives
- Resolve complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions
- Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives and learning programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an accredited school
- 10+ years of experience as an architectural designer, with a focus on all aspects of architecture and interiors building experience from programming to construction administration
- Proficient in Revit
- Knowledge in Rhino, Grasshopper, Parametric Modeling a plus
- Knowledge of materials, construction techniques and building codes
- Strong knowledge of the design process
- Outstanding conceptual 3-dimensional thinking and graphic presentation skills to effectively communicate design ideas
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, a plus
- Flexibility to focus on concurrent projects in various stages of development
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly
- A quick learner with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
- Licensed/Registered Architect is a bonus, on the path to licensure strongly preferred
Please upload your portfolio/work samples along with your resume.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities. Our annual base salary range has been established based on local markets.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.