Senior Management Architect or Non- Registered Graduate with 10+ years of experience; has overall project management responsibilities for a variety of projects or project teams, client contact, scheduling, and budgeting.
As a Sr. Project Manager, you will coordinate all project efforts in order to ensure effective execution, prepares strategic plans, and serves as primary client liaison. Estimates scope of work and oversees less experienced project managers. Has overall project responsibility for a variety of project and teams, including client contact, scheduling and budgeting. You will be required to manage all phases of project management including design, construction, occupancy, quality control & staffing. The job requires an understanding of the practicalities, technical aspects and management processes of the Construction industry. Duties may encompass work from inception to construction close out.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead the management of all phases of the design process.
- You will interface with clients to define project requirements, establish project work plan and deadlines. You will be expected to create persuasive presentations that meet the project’s objectives.
- Lead the project design team, assign tasks, and ensure team is working cohesively towards their
- You will be required to ensure that the projects that are assigned to you meet the required budgets and schedule. You will be required to report the status of your projects to the management on a weekly basis.
- You will be responsible for preparation of scope of work for proposals and additional services.
- You will be required to prepare and present design drawings, sketches and renderings to represent your ideas to clients.
- The job requires an understanding of the practicalities, technical aspects and management processes of the Construction Industry. Your duties may encompass work from inception to construction close out.
- Coordinate sub-consultants or specialists in their disciplines. Coordination will include budgets, timeline & communication.
- The job requires you attend weekly scheduling meetings with the Architectural Manager. You will also be required to update management and clients regularly on project status.
- You will develop, modify and review production drawings and construction documents, correct and update documents, develop solutions to technical problems, may supervise a less senior Architectural staff during a portion of a job.
- The job requires an individual who is able to interact with other functional areas of the organization, project coordinators, internal team members, external collaborators, customers and suppliers to achieve the best results from a project in the client’s best interests.
- The job will require the management and periodic training of junior staff, and working as a part of a team.
- Your duties will include on-site supervision for construction sites and varying levels.
- Your position will also require travel abroad.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited University / recognized Architecture program. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience: 10+ years of professional experience in conceptual design and working experience in Hospitality and Resort Design.
- Professional registration & membership to RIBA, AIA, RAIC or similar is highly desirable.
- Good presentation skills and the ability to coordinate projects from design to construction documents and coordinate international consultants and junior staff.
- Strong business development and client relations skills, preferably with a book of business.
- Participation in proposal preparation.
- Knowledge of LEED or accreditation and an interest in achieving sustainable environmental solutions are highly desirable.
- Proof of experience in contract administration.
- The job requires computer literacy in Word, Excel, and Outlook. Similarly, understanding Adobe products will be an asset. Successful applicants will be proficient in Revit, AutoCad, Sketch Up and Photoshop is essential. Use of other design software tools will also be an asset.