As a Senior Designer, you will be expected to provide Design, Business Development and Client Relationship leadership. You will design high-end hospitality & resort destinations. As a member of the project team, establishes overall design direction, develops architectural design concepts and prepares documents during the design development phase. Responsible for the development of conceptual design of all phases of one or more projects. Assists and coordinates with the team to support design intent, prepare for design presentations and coordinate with agencies affecting design.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Originates and develops creative design concepts and the design documents during the design development phase.
- Oversees design team or less experienced designers to ensure design intent.
- Develops solutions to design problems.
- Oversees design team to ensure project is on schedule and within budget.
- Oversees design team in ensuring that documentation for all phases conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
- Management of all phases of the design process including the creation of conceptual designs, design development, space planning, preparing and presenting design drawings, sketches and renderings to represent your ideas to clients.
- Ensure that the projects that are assigned to you meet the required budgets and schedule.
- You will be expected to create persuasive presentations that meet projects’ objectives.
- Responsible for the design quality of the projects.
- Attend weekly scheduling meetings with the office Managing Director, to report on the status of your projects.
- You will develop, modify and review production drawings and construction documents, correct and update documents, develop solutions to technical problems.
- Supervise the production of accurate technical and contract documentation & drawings.
- Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Liaise with clients to define project requirements, establish project work plan and deadlines.
- Regularly communicates with client representatives to verify design requirements and specifications, progress reviews and design delivery.
- Prepare client presentations and presents design concepts and drawings.
- Leads managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
- Supports the marketing and business development activities of the office when needed.
- Attend industry networking events & actively participate in relevant associations.
- Identify opportunities and Facilitate introductions of potential clients to members of the firm.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff, may participate in professional development reviews and “Lessons Learned” sessions.
- Provides design support and project communications to team as required.
- Attends on-site visits and client meetings to verify design requirements and delivers design progress reviews.
- Provide support to all team members for specific market, discipline, or areas of design expertise.
- Assists Project Manager with defining project work plans.
- Participates in team meetings to ensure the design intent is consistently in adherence.
- Performs as Team Leader on certain projects.
- Leads a small team of less senior designer or technicians in developing solutions to technical and design detail problems following established standards.
- Participates in project reviews regarding project costs, budgets and adherence to schedule.
- Responsible for tracking electronic project data and files.
- Facilitates team internal and external project communications.
- Identify opportunities and facilitate introductions of potential clients to members of the firm.
- Attend industry networking events & actively participate in relevant associations. Present OBMI projects in conferences or events.
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS
- Design quality
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly
- Team- Work / Collaboration
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Experience: Minimum 10 years of experience in an Architectural office with a focus in Hospitality Design projects.
- Must be able to multi-task, be a team player, possess a can-do attitude, be a self-starter.
- Highly experienced with REVIT, and good knowledge of AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Excel, Sketch Up, Rhino and other 3D sketch software, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Photo Shop, In-Design and PowerPoint.
- Strong design, graphic, sketching, illustration & presentation skills.
- Ability to manage a team of designers, drafters & others while creating a positive, collaborative environment.
- Strong presentation and client relations skills.
- Experience with managing budgets and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of the design process and a good understanding of building codes.
- Ability to manage variety of project types in various stages of development.
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly.
- Knowledge of the total project process from concept to delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- This position will require travel abroad.