OBMI are architects of storied places around the globe. Our specialty is excellence in design and planning that drives a constant reinvention of luxury in hospitality and ultra-high-end residences. We’re an internationally diverse team of imagineers who all believe that every place has a unique story to tell. As passionate storytellers we immerse ourselves in culture, history and geographical context to craft unforgettable moments in architecture that support the symbiotic relationship between individuals, communities, and the natural environment.
Our resilience, agility and strategic business approach to collaborative client relationships, combined with a working environment that nurtures and encourages innovative thinking and creativity, is why we have thrived for more than eight decades. Our design philosophy seeks to discover the innate poetry of a destination and transform it into experiences that celebrate the specific sense of place. The transformative work we do ignites the spirit for our people and those who experience what we create.
What is important to us:
You combine creative problem-solving skills with laser-sharp focus on details, so your presentations are riveting, your production drawings are crystal clear and your design proposal assessments nail the essence of each project. Your technical skills are invaluable, along with your ability to both lead and collaborate. We want to know how you think and apply conceptual, creative, and analytical thinking to your work.
Where do you fit into our story?
As Senior Design Manager for one of the world’s most exciting architectural practices, you’ll participate in the creation and development of conceptual and schematic design, space planning, presentation preparation, document updating, and developing solutions to technical problems. You’ll also lead junior team members in these areas. You’ll perform quality assurance / quality control of architectural drafting and presentations in accordance with company standards and manage project design with awareness of budgets, staffing requirements, and schedules to meet goals and expectations. You will coordinate with design specialists and subconsultants and work with contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
Required qualifications for this role in our story:
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture (Master’s preferred but not required, and licensure preferred but not required)
• 10+ years of experience in an architectural office with a focus on hospitality design
• Demonstrated proficiency in Rhino, Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, InDesign and Photoshop for presentations and in professional software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Bluebeam & Outlook)
• Must be able to multitask, be a team player, possess a can-do attitude, and be a self-starter
• Strong design, graphic, sketching, illustration & presentation skills
• Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly and clearly to team and clients
• Willingness and ability to work under a lead architect or on your own project, depending on size and type of project
• Knowledge of building codes
• Strong presentation and client relations skills
• Experience with managing small teams and multidisciplinary specialists
• Knowledge of the design process from concept to delivery
• An eagerness to learn from mentors and coach junior team members
• Ability to manage teams and projects at every stage
● Passion for strong design with exceptional creative problem-solving abilities
● Ability to travel abroad if needed