OBMI are architects of storied places around the globe. Our specialty is excellence in design and planning that drives a constant reinvention of luxury in hospitality and ultra-high-end residences. We’re an internationally diverse team of imagineers who all believe that every place has a unique story to tell. As passionate storytellers we immerse ourselves in culture, history and geographical context to craft unforgettable moments in architecture that support the symbiotic relationship between individuals, communities, and the natural environment.
Our resilience, agility, and strategic business approach to collaborative client relationships, combined with a working environment that nurtures and encourages innovative thinking and creativity, is why we have thrived for more than eight decades. Our design philosophy seeks to discover the innate poetry of a destination and transform it into experiences that celebrate the specific sense of place. The transformative work we do ignites the spirit for our people and those who experience what we create.
What is important to us:
Our ideal candidate for this role is a recently licensed architect or non-registered graduate with 5+ years of experience in all phases of projects. You should have expertise in both 2D and 3D design expression and enjoy working with teams to achieve design excellence from inception to completion.
Where do you fit into our story?
As Design Coordinator, you will collaborate with highly creative teams of architects that bring design dreams to life. You will work closely with Design Managers and Project Leaders on architectural and planning projects, bringing enthusiasm and technical proficiency to the generation and development of design ideas and solutions. Your contributions to the team’s success will include providing support with conceptual designs, space planning, design development, production of architectural drawings, quality assurance, exterior architectural 3D models, and design presentations.
Required qualifications for this role in our story:
• Bachelor of Architecture from an accredited university
• Recently licensed or non-registered graduate
• 5+ years of experience
• Proficiency in 2D and 3D sketching and modeling techniques
• Demonstrated proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, InDesign, Sketch Up, Rhino, or other 3D sketch software, as well as in business software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Bluebeam & Outlook)
• An ability to interpret design ideas and direction
• A natural gift for innovation and creative problem-solving
• An eagerness to learn from mentors
• Being a multitasker, self-starter, and team-player with a can-do attitude.
To Apply, go to: https://obmi.com/careers