The Senior Design Consultant is responsible for setting appointments, meeting with customers in store to determine design needs in the selection of tile, wood, stone, and installation products of various colors textures, patterns, and design. Full-Time and Part-Time Positions Available.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Interior Design preferred.
- Minimum of three years (3) of interior design experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Prior consultative sales experience.
- Knowledge of hard surface flooring is a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and communication skills (oral and written).
- Proficient in basic mathematical skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to multi-task.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to work retail hours to include weekends, and some holidays.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Sets appointments and meets with customers in store to determine design needs and formulate a design plan.
- Maintain customer contact at a high level and understand relationship selling, from pre-appointment/initial customer engagement to post purchase follow up
- Seeks new customers by engaging store traffic/walk ins to drive sales and provide exceptional customer service
- Sells tile, wood, stone, installation material, and adjacent categories, that best meet the needs of our customer’s style, lifestyle, and budget.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of product and installation
- Responsible for understanding, utilizing, and managing design applications i.e.; SketchUp, proprietary Online Design Appointment Scheduler, MyOrder, Salesforce (CRM), etc…
- Network, participate, in and/or host professional design affiliations to promote F&D i.e. ASID, NKBA. IIDA, etc…
- Act and work in a manner that is consistent with company’s core values.
- Supports the CEM and Design ADM in modeling and enhancing a seamless sales culture by creating an environment that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and efficient for customers.
- Provides timely feedback on product needs/assortment gaps through partnership with the Design Studio Manager and the SDRM
- Attends PLRs upon request
Working Conditions (travel, hours, environment)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate to noisy.
Physical Work – Ability exert 30 – 60 pounds of force occasionally, and or 20-30 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
BENEFITS & REWARDS:
- Bonus opportunities at every level
- Career advancement opportunities
- Relocation opportunities across the country
- 401k with discretionary company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral Bonus Program
- Corporate Discount Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: I acknowledge that I am applying to a position at Floor & Decor as a Designer and as part of the interview process I may be asked to complete a design skill assessment exercise. If I am asked to complete a design skill assessment exercise, I understand that the interview process will not be completed until I have completed the design skill assessment exercise. I understand that throughout the interview process I am not an employee and that Floor & Decor has no obligation to treat me as an employee. I understand that I am not guaranteed a job at Floor & Decor upon the completion of the interview process. I have no expectation of pay during the interview process. I understand that, during the interview process, I may use or create F&D tools, materials, designs, and other resources, all of which will remain at all times the properties and interests of the company.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.