This position is suitable for candidates holding an Architect License in the State of Florida.
We seek a motivated mid-career professional with a strong technical background in architecture and project management. This candidate will oversee two to three single family residence projects through the entire design and development process, working in a team setting.
The Project Architect will be responsible for organization, scheduling, budgeting, and execution, and will lead a collaborative design process (together with the Principals). The core functions of the position also include review and markup of plans, preparation of details, research of materials, and management of design and technical assistants.
About Caplow Manzano
Caplow Manzano creates healthy homes to help people live longer. We build them to last a lifetime. There will be a city here in 100 years, and we intend to be part of it.
Our current focus is a series of single-family residences that push the envelope of ecological design. Our goal is to build the city of the future, with particular relevance in the urban tropics. As of late 2022, we have seven projects in different stages of design development, permitting, and construction. Our office team totals about ten people.
Central features of our work include elevating for sea-level rise, maximizing solar power, targeting net zero energy, and deploying a range of voidless construction systems to manage indoor air quality. Our designs are LEED® platinum and WELL® compatible.
Here at Caplow Manzano, we celebrate both teamwork and innovation. We are hikers, sailors, and animal lovers who are interested in our environment and the future of South Florida. Located in the Mayfair, we are steps away from the best local restaurants and shops in the heart of Coconut Grove (we even have trained baristas on staff!). We are committed to the continued development of our team through the support of academic and professional endeavors.
- Coordinate and contribute to collaborative, leading-edge architectural designs;
- Day-to-day management of multiple ground-up residential construction projects with weekly reporting;
- Review plans and specifications;
- Research and understand building and zoning codes and restrictions;
- Identify cost barriers to implementation and develop budgets;
- Research existing and nextgen technologies and green building techniques;
- Coordinate with engineers, architects, and equipment vendors around project implementation over an 18-24 month timeframe;
- Prepare, review and edit relevant documents (letters, research summaries, meeting agendas, etc).
Desired Skill Set
- Background and education in architecture or similar field;
- Proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, Bluebeam (or similar), Excel (Required)
- Proficiency in Lumion, InDesign, Photoshop (Desired)
- Passion for ecology, sustainability, and design;
- Personally organized, highly accurate, and detail-oriented;
- Entrepreneurial streak, judgment, and maturity; ability to go the extra mile;
- Strong communication skills; sense of humor; poise under pressure.
- Registered Architect in the State of Florida
- A bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in architecture, design, or building sciences with an excellent GPA
- A minimum of 4-5 years work experience post-degree
Commitment & Compensation
Salary $70,000 to $95,000 based on experience. Health plan and PTO offered after trial period. Offices in Coconut Grove; position is full time and in-person (covid protocols in place). Opportunities for advancement into higher roles over time. EOE.
Applicants will not be considered without sending a brief letter of interest, resume, and portfolio (or website) to [email protected].