OBMI is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented Office Manager. You will manage a variety of general office activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Provides executive assistance support to the Chairman& CEO. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
As a team member of OBMI, we expect you to become familiarized and to support OBMI’s strategic plan and to become an active, contributing member of our team. OBMI encourages a commitment to excellence, creativity, innovation and building new successful business relationships. You are required to actively seek work from management in slow production periods, including tasks that maybe outside of your regular day to day responsibilities. Responsibilities will include:
- Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures such as bookkeeping, collections, monthly projections, preparation of timesheets, time and billing, filing systems, requisition of supplies, and other clerical services.
- Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications.
- Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow.
- Establishes uniform correspondence procedures and style practices.
- Formulates procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
Supervision of Office Management & Administrative Support
- Provide executive secretarial support to Chairman, C.E.O, C.O.O & M.D.
- Maintains contact with clients and outside vendors.
- Supervises and ensures efficiency of Reception area.
- Supervises and ensures cleanliness of office & conference rooms and ensures an overall professional appearance.
- Liaises with management regarding business policies, procedures, and other activities to maintain consistency throughout the office.
- Establish, maintain, and oversee office procedures.
- Monitor and ensure timesheet accuracy & identify potential problems related with attendance & excess overtime.
- Maintains vacation schedule of staff for purposes of project scheduling and planning.
- Communication of office related issues such as move, parking, holidays, etc.
- Assists in emergency planning & evacuation of personnel.
- Communicate with Managing Director and HR about possible personnel related issues that may arise.
Project Management Support
- Provides support to M.D. & project managers with regards to project management reporting, subcontractor invoices and budgets.
- Support and liaison with Accounting on ad hoc reporting for project related issues including but not limited to client statement of accounts, AR ledgers and other related billing issues.
- Final invoices are prepared by Accounting. You will be in charge of reviewing draft invoices and % completion as well as sub consultant invoices with M.D. and Project Managers in order for accounting to prepare final invoices.
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly
- Team Work / Collaboration
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field
- Advanced Excel and reporting skills
- Fluent English skills, written and verbal
- Second language a plus
- 5 years of experience in an office managerial, bookkeeping or projects’ support role
- Experience with Accounting and reporting software required, preferably Deltek Vision
- At least 3 years of experience in the Architectural, Engineering or Construction industry
- Professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills