Our Miami studio is growing! We’re looking for a Landscape Designer III with at least 5 years of experience to join our talented and dynamic team. Check out our post below and apply today!
Perkins&Will Miami Studio is seeking applications to join its dynamic Landscape Architecture practice. Established 25 years ago in Miami, our integrated studio is comprised of more than 50 professionals including Architects, Landscape Architects, and Interior Designers. Centrally located in downtown Coral Gables, the award-winning studio space is designed to maximize interaction, collaborative thinking, and cross-pollination among allied disciplines. Current projects include university and corporate campuses, two recently awarded high-profile waterfront parks, and various urban projects in South Florida and across the country.
As a Landscape Designer III in the Miami studio, you will:
- Have a proclivity for solving site specific design challenges and developing custom details.
- Understand overall landscape design concepts, objectives, and critical issues and apply knowledge to tasks and assignments.
- Adhere to firm and project goals and standards of excellence in landscape design.
- Develop creative and innovative design ideas, concepts, and solutions while participating as an integral member of the design team.
- Coordinate drawings for schematic design, design development, and construction documents.
- Prepare preliminary design studies and adaptations of alternatives for review.
- Implement responsibilities on projects within the scope of schedule and budget.
- Exercise critical and creative judgement and design application skills in preparing client presentation materials.
- Contribute to project marketing pursuits, proposal preparation, and interviews.
- Support growth of others on the team.
- Take increasing ownership on tasks within project teams and studio activities.
- Keep open communication within team and with designated team leader.
- Communicate ideas and thoughts in a way that inspires others.
- Coordinate effectively with partners, colleagues, and consultants.
To join us, you should have:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience.
- A professional degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Urban Design, Planning, or a related discipline.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphic software.
- Capacity to work across multiple platforms, including hand graphics (sketches and renderings); with an emphasis on AutoDesk Revit and 3D modeling in Rhino, AutoCAD; Adobe Illustrator; Adobe InDesign; Photoshop.
- Revit strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of project design process, construction documentation, and administration.
- Additional proficiencies (include but not limited): BIM, building codes, site analysis, preliminary design studies, field measurements, life safety requirements, specifications.
- Strong leadership, organization, and communication skills.
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn.
- Collaborative and professional work ethic.
- Professional Accreditation or within 6 months of hire.
- Preparing for licensure.
*Candidates with a background in architecture and an interest in landscape architecture preferred.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples. Include your resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger than 6MB).
COVID Policy: Perkins&Will prides itself in providing a safe work environment for all employees. Access to our studios under our COVID-19 policy, requires all new hires to provide proof of full vaccination status on their first day of employment.
Perkins&Will is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and active-duty wartime, campaign badge veterans or Armed Forces, service medal veterans are encouraged to apply.