The Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is looking for a Full-Time Architect GS-0808-12 to work at 325th Civil Engineer Squadron at Tyndall AFB in Panama City, FL.
Tyndall AFB is looking for an Architect to act as a client representative for current and future construction projects valued at 4 billion dollars. Come build a 21st Century Air Force Installation on the beautiful Gulf Coast!
This position can close at any time. Apply Now!
- Performs planning and design work for substantial multi-phase new construction, renovations, and improvement projects for real property facilities, including utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of architecture
- Serve as a professional architect, performing design, project programming, construction management/monitoring duties and improvement projects of real property facilities and infrastructure, including utility systems in support of a military installation
- Prepares, develops or reviews design calculations, cost estimates, schedules, underlying analysis, technical drawings, and specifications related to a wide variety of projects and systems
- Manages projects for new construction, renovations, and improvements to real property facilities and maintains surveillance over construction contractors utilizing a professional knowledge of architecture to ensure overall compliance with contracted specifications, schedules, etc
- Applies professional architectural theory and practices to assigned projects
- Collaborate with various teams in order to establish goals, schedules and budgets
- U.S. Citizenship
- At least 2 years desired experience working in the field with contractors as a client representative
- At least 5 years desired experience working in/or with architectural firms on low-mid rise building projects
- At least 5 years desired experience with building codes and contract codes with an ability to enforce them
- Education requirements: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0800/architecture-series-0808/
- Knowledge of a broad range of architectural standards, methods, practices, and techniques, materials, and equipment to determine compliance with federal, state, and local codes and regulations
- AutoCAD & Revit Software knowledge and experience is highly desired
- Work may require driving a motor vehicle and an appropriate valid driver’s license may be required