Established over 25 years ago, Gurrimatute is a full service architectural/interior design firm specialized in the design of aviation, educational, civic/federal, and healthcare projects. We are a boutique firm that does both very creative and highly technical projects.
The Director of Operations is responsible for developing uniformly high production standards and monitoring projects. Must be thoroughly familiar with the entire architectural process from conceptual design through project close-out and should possess managerial capability to lead and direct activities of all project-team personnel while monitoring technical production on all projects to ensure adherence to quality standards at high productivity.
The Director of Operations is also responsible for the company’s day-to-day operating activities including recruitment efforts, revenue and sales growth (expense, cost, and margin control), and monthly, quarterly, and annual financial goal management. Ensures that HR policies and practices are adhered to and aligned with firm values and organizational objectives.
- Execute the vision for the Firm of the future
- Improve the overall efficiency of the Firm’s operations
- Direct report to the President/CEO and Owners
- Supervises Sr. Project Managers, Project Managers, and Business Manager
- Interfaces regularly with the Bookkeeper on current and long-term financial goals
- Review and monitor financial performance of projects including productivity and job costs
- Implementation of financial management software
- Monitor and measure improvements to internal workflow
- Recruitment of future candidates; Negotiate benefits package
- Execution of Owner-Architect Prime Agreements, Sub-consultant agreements, and Teaming Agreements
- Experience with Contract Negotiations, Coordination with Insurance Requirements
- Experienced with Mergers & Acquisitions
- Any other duties as assigned
15+ years as Director of Operations for an architectural firm with demonstrated growth & profitability of the firm.
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, and/or Business Administration. Licensure preferred, but not required.
Computer Skills & Knowledge
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Project
- Assertive, task-driven personality
- Analytical mindset
- High level of integrity
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Capable of leading & motivating team members
- Strong work ethic & positive attitude
- Capacity to travel for job as needed
- Strong organization, multi-tasking & time-management skills
- Ability to self-manage assignments with minimal oversight
- Having a key role in a rapidly growing architectural firm
- Direct report to the owners
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, PTO, and holidays
- Paid group health insurance
- Matching 401K