Recently Licensed Architect or Non- Registered Graduate with 5+ years of experience; has design management responsibilities for a variety of projects or project teams, client contact, and design delivery responsibilities.
As a Designer, you will be expected to provide Design, Business Development and Client Relationship leadership. You will design high-end hospitality & resort destinations. As a Sr. member of OBMI, we expect you to become familiarized and to support OBMI’s strategic plan and to become an active, contributing member of our Destination Creation Centers of Excellence. OBMI encourages a commitment to excellence, creativity, innovation and building new successful business relationships.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Lead all phases of the design process including the creation of conceptual designs, design development, space planning, preparing and presenting design drawings, sketches and renderings to represent your ideas to clients.
• Create a variety of exterior and interior architectural 3D modeling & rendering
• Liaise with clients to define project requirements, establish project work plan and deadlines.
• Ensure that the projects that are assigned to you meet the required budgets and schedule.
• You will be expected to create persuasive presentations that meet projects’ objectives.
• Direct the work of senior designers in your team.
• Develop and mentor junior designers in the development of space planning concepts and program documents. And in focusing on conceptual thinking and quality design implementation.
• Lead coordination of design issues with design specialists & sub-consultants.
• Actively support business development efforts including cooperation with Marketing and participation in proposal preparation.
• Responsible for the overall profitability and design quality of the projects.
• Attend weekly scheduling meetings with the office Managing Director, to report on the status of your projects. You will develop, modify and review production drawings and construction documents, correct and update documents, develop solutions to technical problems.
• Supervise the production of accurate technical and contract documentation & drawings.
• Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
• Identify opportunities and facilitate introductions of potential clients to members of the firm.
• Attend industry networking events & actively participate in relevant associations. Present OBMI projects in conferences or events.
• Pursue and follow up on leads in the market as directed. Track leads and opportunities as well as relationship engagement.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Education: Bachelor of Architecture Degree
• Experience: 5 years of experience in an Architectural office with a focus in Hospitality Design projects.
• Must be able to multi-task, be a team player, possess a can-do attitude, be a self-starter.
• The job requires proficiency in business software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Bluebeam & Outlook).
• Demonstrated proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, InDesign, Sketch Up, Rhino or other 3D sketch software.
• Strong design, graphic, sketching, illustration & presentation skills.
• Ability to manage a team of designers, drafters & others while creating a positive, collaborative environment.
• Strong presentation and client relations skills.
• Experience with managing budgets and multi-disciplinary teams.
• Knowledge of the design process and building codes.
• Ability to manage variety of project types in various stages of development.
• Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly.
• Knowledge of the total project process from concept to delivery.
• This position may require travel abroad.
Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. No work visa sponsorship will be provided for this position.
To be considered, please submit your Resume/CV & Portfolio via our website: http://bit.ly/OBMIjobs