Our Miami studio is growing! We’re looking for a Designer III to join our talented and dynamic team in Miami. Check out our post below and apply today!
As a Designer III, you will:
- Develop creative and innovative design ideas, concepts, and solutions while participating as an integral member of the design team.
- Coordinate drawings for schematic design, design development, and construction documents.
- Develop and prepare construction documents, plans, and details; execute red-marked revisions.
- Evaluate and integrate engineering systems and implement code, accessibility, and zoning analyses.
- Conduct field observations to monitor progress of construction.
- Analyze product research and identify material selections.
- Implement a creative approach to complete tasks and responsibilities on projects within the scope of schedule and budget in an organized, timely, and consistent way.
- Take an active role in crafting client and non-client design presentations and prepare corresponding
- Support growth of junior staff.
- Take increasing ownership on tasks within project teams and studio activities.
- Participate in design reviews, charettes, and pin-ups.
- Keep open communication within team and with designated team lead
- Communicate ideas and thoughts in a way that inspires others.
- Coordinate effectively with partners, clients, consultants, and contractors.
To join us, you should have:
- 4-8+ years of experience.
- A professional degree in Architecture, Design, or a related discipline.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphic software; Revit strongly preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn.
- Collaborative and professional work ethic.
- LEED GA or within 6 months of hire.
- Licensure or preparing for ARE exams.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples. Include your resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger than 6MB).
Perkins&Will is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and active-duty wartime, campaign badge veterans or Armed Forces, service medal veterans are encouraged to apply.