OBMI are architects of storied places around the globe. Our specialty is excellence in design and planning that drives a constant reinvention of luxury in hospitality and ultra-high-end residences. We’re an internationally diverse team of imagineers who all believe that every place has a unique story to tell. As passionate storytellers we immerse ourselves in culture, history and geographical context to craft unforgettable moments in architecture that support the symbiotic relationship between individuals, communities, and the natural environment.
Our resilience, agility and strategic business approach to collaborative client relationships, combined with a working environment that nurtures and encourages innovative thinking and creativity, is why we have thrived for more than eight decades. Our design philosophy seeks to discover the innate poetry of a destination and transform it into experiences that celebrate the specific sense of place. The transformative work we do ignites the spirit for our people and those who experience what we create.
What is important to us:
We want to know how you think and apply critical, conceptual, creative, and logistical thinking to your work. We’d like to hear people say that you have an innate sense of curiosity, unbounded imagination, and powerful observation. We hope you are an exceptional listener who is naturally engaging and an inspiration to your team members. Your ability to work well with others is vital in our highly collaborative environment.
Where do you fit into our story?
As a Design Manager, you’ll play a key role in one of the world’s most exciting architectural practices, contributing to unparalleled standards of excellence. Your focus may be technical, design, 3D, or project management. You will work under the guidance of a Senior Lead Designer or Senior Project Manager as well as independently and with other team members. You know and support that everyone, no matter what their role in the office is or where they are located, truly matters and adds value to our projects. This is an opportunity to bring your absolute best to a career experience that will positively transform your life while you do the same for others around the world.
Required qualifications for your role in our story:
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture (Master’s preferred but not required, and licensure preferred but not required)
• 7+ years of experience in an architectural office with a focus on hospitality design
• Adeptness in 2D and 3D sketching and modeling techniques
• Demonstrated proficiency in Rhino, Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, InDesign, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.)
• An understanding of the design process from concept to delivery
• Knowledge of building codes
• Ability to produce documents to support the project’s narrative from pre-concept to construction phase
• Experience managing small teams and multidisciplinary specialists
• Strong design, graphic, sketching, illustration, and presentation skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects, tasks, priorities, and deadlines