Caplow|Manzano builds homes for the next 100 years by advancing the frontier of what buildings can do. Central features of our work include net zero energy design, indoor air quality innovations for human health, and elevation for sea-level rise and climate change. We are a team of designers, engineers, hikers, and animal lovers who are interested in sustainability and the future of South Florida.
We seek a motivated early-career professional with a solid technical background to join a small firm with a focus on green buildings and their component systems. We currently act as developers and system designers on a handful of residential projects in Miami.
The right candidate will be able to..
- Assist in day to day management of several construction projects with weekly reporting to superiors;
- Understand building and zoning codes and restrictions;
- Identify cost barriers to implementation, together with relevant incentives, and develop budgets;
- Coordinate with contractors, subcontractors, engineers, architects, and equipment vendors around project implementation over a 12-24 month timeframe on several residential developments;
- Prepare, review and edit relevant documents (letters, research summaries, meeting agendas, etc).
The right candidate must be..
- Experienced in construction management, mechanical or electrical engineering, architecture, or building systems
- Personally organized, highly accurate, and detail-oriented
- Entrepreneurial, independent, and mature. Ability to go the extra mile
- Poised under pressure with a good sense of humor
The right candidate must have..
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in engineering, construction management, architecture, or similar
- Passion for ecology, sustainability, and design
- Minimum of 4-6 years work experience (beyond school).
Commitment & Compensation
Full-time. Salary to be determined based on experience. EOE.
Applicants are asked to send a brief letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.