Miami based with capability to serve Orlando projects
Anser Advisory is a rapidly growing, national consulting firm; alongside our talented professionals, we are dedicated to providing Program, Project, and Construction Management services to our clients with offices in Florida, Boston, California, New Jersey, Massachusetts and Colorado.
Our mission is clear. We help clients solve challenges by providing top talent to develop the right solutions at the right time. With forward-thinking and utilization of the most advanced technology on the market, we’re leaders in project management strategy and execution; providing the visibility our clients want to see. Our relationships are built on our credibility to deliver on our commitments, with unbeatable service; we let our work product lead the way.
As a result of the work that we have recently won, we are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Construction Manager (Higher Education Facilities) to join our team in our growing team in Miami and Orlando focused on Higher Education facilities capital program management. In this role and under the direction of the Orlando office Managing Director, assists the capital program management on a wide variety of higher education projects located in the Miami and Orlando areas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform program management for all assigned projects to self and to direct reports, including scope, budget, contracts and schedule, which have been established during the planning phase of capital projects.
- Supervise and lead assigned project management staff.
- Support higher education marketing initiatives.
- Assist clients in developing a prioritized strategy for implementing their capital plans.
- Supervise and lead those project management services associated with all capital improvements including, but not limited to, project budgeting, procurement of professional and construction services and all construction activities.
- Assumes full accountability for the team’s adherence to the procedures/protocol for administration of contract documentation, this includes: funding documentation, certificate of insurance documentation, review of draft documents required for approval by the Board of Trustees, review of contracts for contractors and architects/engineers, etc. Responsible for the quality and accuracy of all contract documents associated with their projects and their teams projects as well as training and coaching their staff to have similar oversight and attention to detail on the projects.
- Ensure all projects are compliant with all federal, state and University rules and regulations affecting contract administration and procurement of professional services and materials and labor for new construction, remodeling, renovation and minor repairs.
- Accountable for completing all of his/her complex capital construction projects as well as all the direct reports projects on time and on budget.
- Lead negotiations with construction vendors to ensure best value for the insitutions.
- Take corrective actions and make decisions as necessary to improve performance of delayed projects.
- Plans organize, directs, coordinates and reviews project management activities with regard to design and construction of local bond measures, state matching funds, construction and modernization projects and reports performance of College Project Management team and the Program Management Office (PMO).
- Resolves complex, construction project-related issues, disputes, and disagreements
- Follow and successfully execute the program Quality Management System
- Review and develop contract documents in coordination with others
- Identify risk and create risk mitigation plans successfully
- Documents and reports all project data accurately and in a timely manner
- Create and present project and college data clearly to multiple stakeholder groups
- Successfully manage and execute the design and/or construction of 5 to 8 projects simultaneously, ranging in construction value and complexity from $2 Million to $60 Million each.
- Manage and coordinate the planning and design phase of projects with all stakeholders
- Evaluate, assess, process and manage change order and professional services requests in a timely manner
- Tracks all project status and provides management reports relative to overall program relative to construction project delivery schedules
- Tracks status and provides management reports relative to scheduling cost control, staffing and other related construction contract requirements
- Reviews and inspects construction site offices to assess the performance of construction teams and adherence to legal requirements
- Reviews recommended actions in resolving disputes relative to construction projects
- Directs and assists in outreach efforts to provide information about college projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- 8 years’ minimum experience in management of multiple higher education programming and construction projects; experience within a large capital improvement program and familiarity with relevant codes and regulations including ADA regulations.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management.
- 2 years’ experience in Educational Facility Construction preferred
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle, to include programming, design and closeout
- Experience in multiple delivery methods and experience with using a web-based project management system such as Smartsheet, Procore, e-builder and PMWeb.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification
- A valid registration as an Architect or Professional Engineer in Florida
- A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI)
- Provide weekly/monthly reports
- Lessons Learned
- Provide risk register
- Attend company meetings, workshops, and training
We offer a competitive total compensation package including comprehensive health coverage, 401k and more!