CGL is a provider of justice facility planning, design, and program management and maintenance solutions to justice facilities and other public facilities throughout the U.S. and internationally.
A Brief Overview
Reports to a Vice President or Senior Vice President. Independently performs discipline assignments and work independently on small projects or large projects.
What you will do
- Same as Senior Associate, plus:
- Effective and persuasive leadership, comfortable with all levels of staff, public and other.
- Management skills and ability to manage day-to-day project and operational responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal and public relation skills to work effectively with various officials, staff, and clients
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to understand, “read the room”, and manage high-profile, sensitive, and/or controversial political situations
- Ability to manage multiple, high-priority assignments
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to exercise sound, independent judgement
- Thorough knowledge and use of CGL internal Project Management protocols
- Building an understanding of the contracting process with clients, associate partners, and consultants, under the supervision of a Market Sector Director or ROL
- Building recognition as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the industry and among clients and peers
- Ability to identify new business and identify 360 opportunities
- Independently prepare RFQ/P, with strategic input from Market Sector Director and/or ROL
- Involved with BD pre-sale and relationship development activities with strategic input of Market Sector Direct, ROL, or VP
- Able to develop capture plans for assigned project pursuits, reviewed by Market Sector Director and/or ROL
- Building an understanding of negotiating scope and fees, and development of MOUs and fee proposals by shadowing or under supervision of a Market Sector Director and/or ROL
- Participates in pursuit interviews
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic skills
- Applies principles of project budgeting and project management
- Knowledgeable of industry terminology, laws, practices, principles and regulations.
- Demonstrated interest in speaking at conferences, writing articles, participating in national committees
- Knowledgeable of life-safety, building codes, zoning ordinances, and standards, and the application on architectural projects
- Independently applies advanced architectural concepts
- Ability to run and manage a small to large size architectural projects independently
- Application of internal BIM Standards
- Considerable knowledgeable of architectural means and methods.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Architecture; or, of Science in Architecture Required
- Master’s Degree of Architecture Preferred
- Architectural Registration Required
- Supervisory experience Required
- Competency in various computer software programs such as Revit, Bluebeam
- Competency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Competency with 3D modeling programs, Rhino, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign a plus.
- Requires a detail oriented, self-starter, who takes initiative, prioritizes, and multi-task in a busy environment.
- Works under close supervision and in a collaborative team environment.