Caplow|Manzano is seeking a dynamic and detail-oriented Assistant Project Manager to help keep our growing team organized and connected.
The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for a broad scope of financial and administrative requirements. This role will be divided roughly evenly between directly assisting our Senior Project Managers in daily meetings (especially with workflow organization, recording information, keeping notes, and managing schedules) and assisting our business manager with the growth and maintenance of our practice (especially bookkeeping, contract administration, insurance, and office management).
Caplow|Manzano builds homes for the next 100 years by advancing the frontier of what buildings can do. Central features of our work include net zero energy design, indoor air quality innovations for human health, and elevation for sea-level rise and climate change. We are a team of designers, engineers, hikers, and animal lovers who are interested in sustainability and the future of South Florida.
The right candidate will be able to..
- Participate in planning and design meetings, both in-house and with third parties, to not just capture minutes, but also determine action items, prepare summaries, and manage schedules;
- Prepare, review and edit documents of varying kinds as needed, including letters, contracts, agendas, etc;
- Adapt to changing priorities, deadlines, and business needs
- Fluidly manage all aspects of small business financials including daily Quickbooks activity for a handful of closely affiliated small companies, generating monthly reports, and managing retail banking relationships and cash flows to vendors.
The right candidate must be..
- Detail-oriented, extremely organized, and able to multitask
- Quickbooks proficient and experienced with bill payment and bank account management
- Competent in PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Suite
- Comfortable with numbers and basic business concepts (eg accounts payable; payroll taxes; liability insurance)
- Experienced with small business (preferred)
- Interested in sustainability and resiliency (preferred)
- Poised under pressure with a good sense of humor
The right candidate must have…
- A bachelor’s degree (in-progress is acceptable) with an excellent GPA
- A minimum of 1 year work experience in project management and quickbooks
Commitment & Compensation
Full-time. Salary $32,000 to $42,000 based on experience. Health plan and PTO offered after trial period. Offices in Coconut Grove; position is full time and in-person (covid protocols in place). Opportunities for advancement into higher roles over time. EOE.
We will only consider applicants who send letter of interest, resume, salary history, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org