ARCHITECT – RESTORATION/FORENSIC – FLORIDA LICENSED
970 WEST MCNAB ROAD, SUITE 200
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33309
Job Type: Full-time Health, dental, & vision benefits.
Hillman Engineering provides engineering design, investigation analysis, and strategic high-rise forensic restoration services to clients throughout Florida.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Restoration Architect with experience or interest in forensic investigation, and design of architectural repairs and retrofits for larger coastal high-rise building projects, thus giving new “life” to older structures that usually need to be brought up to current codes, statutes, and Federal accessibility design standards as well.
This individual will support ongoing Structural Engineering investigations of existing buildings with architectural and structural restoration drawings mainly in AutoCAD, identify and possibly design remedial repairs for deficient conditions. The investigations include assessment of building code deficiencies, building envelope defects, cause and origin analysis, and rapid area-takeoffs using basic AutoCAD or rapid BIM modeling as required or deemed appropriate for each project.
The candidate will be required to document and communicate findings in written reports which will be regularly shared with the client and end-users by the construction project managers responsible for project delivery.
Summary of this position:
- Support ongoing assessments of building envelope deficiencies, fire-rated construction defects, disabled accessibility problems, and other architectural elements in need of improvement or restoration.
- Provide assessments of ongoing origin and cause of Structural Engineering investigations.
- Perform document review and analysis, related to litigation support matters including standard of care.
- Analysis of building codes and various industry standards.
- Complete technical and investigative reports to support forensic findings and prepare materials related to presentations.
- Provide construction deficiency documentation using AutoCAD.
- Produce construction engineering and architectural permit drawing sets in AutoCAD for securing construction restoration permits at local building departments.
- Intelligent and efficient researcher of Internet resources such as construction restoration products, codes, building department submittal requirements, and specifications.
- Degree (Master’s preferred) in Architecture or Architectural Engineering from an NCARB accredited Architectural Degree program.
- Florida Professional Architect License or ability to obtain such license; NCARB registration a plus.
- 5 years of Architecture experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, ProCore, and Microsoft Office tools (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook).