|Winstanley Architects and Planners
Locations: Washington DC and Miami, Florida
Winstanley Architects and Planners is an award-winning design firm with a distinctive multidisciplinary practice which we manage out of our studios in Old Town Alexandria, and Wynwood in Miami. We are currently recruiting architects, with an emphasis on professionals with extensive design and production experience to take leadership roles executing significant projects.
Our 20-person firm has engagements:
- From New England to the Caribbean.
- Including Master Planning, Architecture, and Interior Design.
- For commercial, institutional, and public sector clients.
- For project types including commercial, academic, hospitality, market and affordable multifamily, public facilities, and corporate interiors.
Tasks and Responsibilities
We seek individuals who want to be part of a practice like ours.
For leadership positions, we prioritize demonstrated capacity in the following categories:
- Programming and Conceptual Design.
- Contract Documentation and Construction Administration, including personal responsibility for technical problem-solving, coordination of the internal architectural team, consultants and contractors, and jurisdictional and other external-party constituencies. This will require:
- Preparing hands-on and directing architectural staff in the production of project drawings, studies, and budgets, leading to permit and contract documents.
- Conducting hands-on and directing others in field activities during construction.
- Formulating and delivering presentations to clients, and jurisdictional and neighborhood constituencies.
- Project management, including work-planning, staffing, scheduling, and responsibility for project deliverables.
- Client communications, including contract administration adjustments, definition of project priorities and objectives, and coordination of architect and client components of key deliverables.
- Experience in the evaluation and pursuit of new projects, with an interest in market-based and research-based business development, is a plus.